Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Here you go peeps. 1944 ARRL handbook download

So I'm a long-time radio amateur. Licensed in 1976, but I was inactive from 1982 - 2015. 33 years. My interest in DIY tube audio grew from the basic tube-based electronic theory I learned as a young amateur. I've haunted the Asylum and some other places for years now. Then early last year, I suddenly became interested in radio again. I found that I could still copy CW (morse code). I found that I knew a bit more about electronics than I did. I found that I could afford to buy some of the old-time gear from back in the day. And I found that I could fix most of the dang stuff.

I'm back on the air 99% CW, and 100% tube. And I really owe it to my phellow audiophools that I am. It's a lot of fun for me. I'm becoming known as one of the cranks that runs antique gear.

Why bother when the internet and mobile phones have the world instantly connected? I can't explain it. But it's a lot of fun for me to know that with 15 or so 50+ year old tubes and a piece of wire in the backyard, I can meet and converse with a stranger 8,000 mile away.

73 de Steve KE4OH dit dit

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Here you go peeps. 1944 ARRL handbook download - SteveSchecter 05:23:52 08/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.