Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 6Y6GT/6922 Link to larger schematics and PDF file

Hi, All,

I have added the tweaks discussed in the thread below, and am attaching a new PDF set of schematics.

1. Added the missing 'lytic cap on the end of the power supply, after the B+ rail is split into channels. I use a F&T 32 muf x 32 muF double cap. The 10 muF film caps shown in the original are maintained, and could be reduces slightly if needed (4.7 muF should be fine).

2. Reduced the current through the 6922 from 8 mA to 6.5 mA via the CCS.

3. Changed the resistance on the MOSFET splittler legs (a) to be equal on the upper and lower legs and (b) to pass 6.5 mA through the MOSFET to match the current through the 6922.

The 'scope now shows things to be nicely balanced and the full 2Vrms sine waveform is no longer clipped at the MOSFET.

Due to the added capacitance and the reduced current draw through the splitter, B2+ and B+ voltage readings have risen some (about 2-3VDC). But the voltages in the splitter legs are much better, as the CCS also "eats" the excess plate voltage on the 6922 at the slightly lower current.

The amp sounds great!

--Jeff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 6Y6GT/6922 Link to larger schematics and PDF file - jyourison 12:06:26 05/14/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.