Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 6883B as a audio output tube

Charity case?

So here is where I'm at,

receiver purchase - 329.00 (purchased from auction)

shipping to Jim - 56.00

His bill for work performed, and shipping to me - 798.00

shipping it back for repair - 57.09

TOTAL - $1240.09

You can't wrap a 50 lb tube receiver in bubble wrap and one box and expect it to not get destroyed. It was your responsibility for shipping it back safe, if it would of been isured you could of filed a claim. The X101 I got from you had damage also, luckly I was able to bend the door on the front back into shape.
I'm out the above amount, and nothing to show for it but pictures of what it looked like before. Do you think I enjoy having to post something like this? It's real simple, you packed it poorly, it was damaged, you said to send it back and that you would repair it for free. Now your saying it is a favor? And that it was speared? OMG It has a dented power transformer,crushed phase switch, and somehow it's missing the large tuner knob brite. It had a hole in the box from the sharp corner punching through.

I don't care who you want to blame Jim, all I want is what you promised me, my Scott restored to the point to which I paid you, and any damage caused by shipping to be repaired. You have left me in the dark since last September, your lack of concern for someone you practically begged to send you his Scott, really is upsetting. I have every email you sent me to back up my story, and the lack of emails the last 6 months, but I'm not going to clutter up AA's threads anymore with this, I thank AA for letting me explain myself, sorry to any AA members also.

Thanks for at least responding Jim, now I know where your head is on this. Maybe someone will do this to you someday so you can grasp what it's like to be on this end. I had to do something, I have been more than patient to the point all the excuses mean nothing anymore. Fix it and it all goes away. I'm done, thanks again AA.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 6883B as a audio output tube - RS Steve 19:53:41 04/13/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.