Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Where I live, prednisone is definitely a prescription drug...

I didn't and don't mean to sound "snotty", but using Prednisone to treat the condition I think you're describing (feeling snotty) is akin to using a sledge hammer to break an egg. You might want to reconsider that practice. The very high starting dose in a bubble pack is likely to make anyone feel "better", as Prednisone induces a state of mild euphoria in most people, until they taper the dose or worse, stop taking it abruptly. No steroids are needed, usually, to treat nasal stuffiness. Just fluids and decongestants should suffice. If there is a known major allergic component, then maybe Prednisone might help.

In my everyday life, I am a virologist; I don't see patients, but I have noticed that there seems to be a tendency among younger physicians to use Prednisone with more alacrity than I was taught or that my early clinical experience suggested was appropriate. Probably some insurance company thinks this is more cost-effective, the main driver of medical decision-making these days.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.