Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Any talk of Miller is stupid, archic, and off-base.....

(1) I had a feeling you were playing the gadfly (and it worked).
(2) My query was not implicitly meant to cast a slur on Dennis' amplifier. I have never heard it.

I try to learn from this forum. To do so, I have also to figure out what is hyperbole (e.g., your statement about Miller capacitance), what is just crap, and what it is that I should retain. It's not always easy. Thx for your more tempered explanation.

My own lifelong approach to audio has always been to start with the speakers I like best and work backwards from there. Choosing the speaker first places some constraints on the choice of amplifier. A one-Watt amplifier just will not cut it with my speakers of choice, even though I/we recently made a huge advancement in improving their efficiency via a mod to the crossover which in fact allows one to do away with the crossover entirely. High efficiency is a worthy goal in speaker design, for sure.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Any talk of Miller is stupid, archic, and off-base..... - Lew 07:43:05 07/06/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.