Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Question

Hey, you best re-read my original post in this thread. I clearly state it is off topic. If that is "trolling" so be it. I was trying to help the builder, by addressing the bigger design perspective.

Is that too difficult for anyone to envision and see????

Also, any mention of "black insulation, and 12AX7s", was introduced to this thread by Paully himself, not me! Any previous posts I did on black insulation was the result of information posted by Unclestu, and I tend to still believe him fully on this subject. What you, or others want to do about black insulated wire is totally up to YOU.

My point is, IMHO, a single Type 76 is too low a gain ( mu of 13.5 as I recall) to drive the DHT finals optimally.

So far, only Deathtube 667 has contributed anything on the question of gain, where he states he found a 12AT7 was an improvement in musical presentation over a lower mu tube.

So... when do we stop this silly BS of YOU (and Paully) pointing fingers and making off-topic accusations, and return to the design idea that the gain with a single Type 76 front end might be too low for a two stage amp??

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 05/16/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Question - drlowmu 07:03:46 05/16/12 (1)
    • LOL! - Ray Moth 17:24:31 05/16/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.