Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Latest project

I got the screws from Harvey's Hardware in Needham. No doubt the same parts as from McMaster. Actually, I need to put in an order with McMaster because I've depleted my stock of black flat-head machine screws.

I got the heatsinks anodized at River Street Metal Finishing in Braintree. Really nice guys, and they have no problem with doing cash jobs for hobbyists. The only issue is they use this nasty claw-like thing to suspend the pieces in the anodizing tank and I can't see how you could do front panels that way without marks on the edges.

There's a place in NH called Cam Expert that offers a service like FPE, and I suspect for lower prices, too. Their claim to fame is their CNC router doesn't leave rough edges. They also offer anodizing after milling and other custom services. I haven't done business with them yet, but I'm giving serious consideration to having a nice front panel made for this amp. Also, I need a top cover made -- the one that's on there is just temporary.

-Henry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Latest project - op48no1 08:33:15 04/03/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.