Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: PP Class A OPT Loading

Well, If both tubes are providing the same AC behavior, aren't we at the ideal class A. Are you looking for what happens when things are ever so slightly mismatched yet still class A?

For this I guess you need to look at the sum and difference loadings and different parts of the signal will see different loads. Anything common to both halves will always see 1/2 the A-A impedance, however say one tube has slightly more gain than the other or a different distortion spectra, I would expect any difference signals of even a "deep class A" circuit to see the class B load of 1/4 A-A.

This conceptually works for me much like the summing stereo to mono by simply paralleling the connections. All of common information sees a high value load but all of the difference info simple sees the output impedance of the opposing device as the load.

where I stumble in both of these situations is the "black or white" nature of them and how everything in audio seems to be a shade of grey. The comforting thing is that wihtout the black or white viewpoint, things like matrix amps wouln't work so maybe it is fait to mix pure black and pure white to get a different shade of grey.

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.