Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Its hard to ignore......

This bantering is getting old. I suggest that you guys kiss and make up, duel it out, move in together, or something. I want to learn about electronics. How to fix and design amps and such wonderful things. So many times I get on here and end up wasting so much time sifting through all the opinions and personal uselessness that I end up learning very little.

When someone has to tell me how smart they are to belittle the other person, then all their credibility goes down the crapper. I don't care what title you carry, where you went to school, who you know, who was your mentor.......means nothing to me.

Education degrees are nice, but when you have to flaunt them it just tells me that you have closed your mind and are decidedly unteachable. I see it happen all the time and when the person is challenged it ultimately results in name calling. That's childish behaviour that's abused by out-of-touch politicians. You don't have my vote.

If someone has an idea that's unconventional then let's give it a try and if it ultimately doesn't work out, then we can move on. It seems that some people have built this power supply that Jeff promotes and it works well for them in their application(s). People have heard the 2A3 amp that Willie Rivers built using this power supply and have liked it. To say it does not work when it has been proven to work is ignorant thinking. You ignore that there have been successes using the low DCR PS.

Now is it your cup of tea sonically? Maybe not. I'd like to try it out and see if it works for me. If it doesn't, then I can move on with conventional builds.

Don't try to police everyone from trying something different just because it does not line up with how things are normally taught. Let people learn how to walk on their own. If they fall down, they'll learn to quit doing the things which cause them to fall. If Jeff is wrong, then word will get out. If you disagree, fine, then state your disagreement, but don't post a page of stuff I have to sift through to learn anything. Like I said, other people have built this PS and it worked well for them. This gives Jeff more credibility than all the nay-sayers.

No one is past the learning stage (unless you're dead). There's always more to learn no matter how much you know, so let's keep this forum at a mature level.

What I'd like to see is Jeff & gusser plus others get together for a blind listening session with six or so different SE amps with neither of them knowing what equipment was playing. Having 2 or 3 of the amps employing the low DCR PS. That would possibly settle the matter for a while. It all may be a matter of what it is we like to hear in our music.

Larry

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.