Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Consonance tube cd player output cap mod.

Hi All,
Posted this in tube asylum where I usually hang out, but no takers. So please excuse the double posting, but this is probably the better place for it...

I am seeking opinions. I have an Opera Consonance Ref 2.2 CD player that uses the 6H30 as the output tube. It came with Solens 4.7 400v caps in the output stage. Consonance had an upgrade that included switching the Solens to Auricaps of the same value. So I picked up a pair of Auricaps and soldered them in a few months back. More detail and in general I like it better, but just wondering if anyone has recommendations for other 4.7's to try in this application. Also thought about bypassing the Auricaps with a small PIO since it would take about 5 seconds to solder them in - and if after 50 hours or so of break in if I don't like it I can remove them in 5 seconds... If I try that then what value PIO should I piggyback on the 4.7? 0.1, 0.22? Or is that a silly idea? Any comments are welcome. Fire away, all opinions will be considered.

cheers,
don

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Consonance tube cd player output cap mod. - dls123 08:57:18 03/05/07 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.