Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: There are two ways I know of - both with a few disadvantages...

>I can't figure out how to build the latter in a practical way, with real world parts<

Parts are not the problem - the problem and it's MAJOR, is that the cartridge will BLOW with any problem - and problems are easily found in a tube stage such as this.

> Also, I can't get away from some of the signal being "eaten" by the CCS or other current supply<

Not a problem - the impedance of the cartridge is measured in ohns - as is the cathode impedance of any suitable tube - but the impedance of a good CCS is measured in megohms or even higher.

>The problem is supplying the cathode(s) with electrons without affecting the cartidge signal or loading<

As above - not a problem.

Just work out how to keep both cathodes at PRECISELY the SAME voltage for longer than minutes, hours or days and I might even try it myself. But until then I'm more than happy enough with my current voltage input solutions. My cartridges are all far to valuable to risk them fusing...

And I agree - no transformers!

Regards, Allen

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: There are two ways I know of - both with a few disadvantages... - Allen Wright 06:26:41 03/07/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.