Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Ah Tweeks....

Where would one begin with saying how they tweek there system?
I have 2 items that I use to help the sound on any device that I am listening to.
The first is a Samson Graphic EQ E62i 1/3 Octave Dual 31 Band Constant Q,
The second is an AudioSource Model EQ14
Half of my old tapes have that annoying hiss that gets killed with the 2 above EQ's.
I would go nuts if I had to listen to anything with that annoying hiss. So, I did what I could do with my budget and it works great. I can tailor the sound to anything that I listen to be it the radio, vinyl, tape or CD.
The 78's are the hardest to get the crisp sound I want, but with a few slides I can get them sounding just right.
But, you can tweek anything if you have equipment that will knock the edges off an old or abused recording and have the patience, you need to have the patience to get things as close to right as possible.
Being who I am I tend to listen to the same thing a few times to make sure it sounds right.
There are a few gizmos that I am waiting to purchase and those are for the 78's, a neat little contraption with dials that will help shape the music. It also brings the dead sounds of a CD to life. But, that's down the road, they still want $500 for that contraption.
Anyway my EQ's are my noise reduction system and my sound shaper. EQ's have been given a bad rap lately, nothing wrong with them if you know how to use them.

John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ah Tweeks.... - mwseik 23:56:35 06/24/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.