Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

cheep good decks

Yesterday I did a complete scan of all ebay r to r, the prices are so low it's unreal, there is no reason not to buy a top quality simi pro or pro model unless you budget is under $100. The ampex models are great, I also like to revox pr-99, very nice looking, killer transport and I bet great sound. find a pro model that was used in a home for non comercial use, it will last longer then the owner, I had a tascam MS-16 one inch 16 track with roll around cab. and dbx it was simply indistructable, never used outside a home, little use, mint. But we need to focus on 2 track mastering decks buy them up cheep and join the club, making state of the art recordings is sooo much fun, I've been watching reels spin for so long I see them in my sleep, got my first 7 inch r to r about 1968, it was a columbia "masterworks" cool for the time, later got a sony tc 377 and later a teac 3340 s now I have a mint tascam rs 1520 as you likely know from my other
posts, bought it new, cost like $2700 bucks w/o dbx in 1987 (?) dollars, it was the only thing I kept from my home studio because I knew when I got back into stereos again it would be killer cool, even got rid of my tascam dat deck, da 30 I believe, I have been a born again audiophile for the last 4 years it's great. I quite listening to music around 1980 because my audiophile tastes required me to record my own music for best quality and I got my fill in the studio but now Im finely back. Got to go back to work before I get busted. Bob

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • cheep good decks - rrikola@hotmail.com 13:34:44 06/22/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.