Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

Best way to archive my cassettes, I have a choice

So here's the deal. I have 2 ways to archive my cassettes to CD. Both have pros and cons. I want best quality, ease of doing and least cost. Option 1. Record from the deck to my HHB stand alone recorder. Pros; best quality, one time and done. Cons; scrounging everywhere to find expensive Max 16X burn CDs which are mostly only 60 min. (HHB recorders do not like high speed CDs),no way to tell how much time you used until done recording. Wherever possible I would like to get 2 cassettes on 1 CD. Option 2. Record from the deck through an A-D convertor on to a HDD using Audacity. Pros; variable sampling rates for recording, use of cheap data CDs with 80 min capacity, ability to find time and file size to put 2 cassettes on 1 CD, burn at high speed. Cons; cheezy A-D convertor, less than amazing recording software, 2 or 3 step process, HDD failure is always possible.
I hope I explained all this OK. Any and all comments are appreciated. Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Best way to archive my cassettes, I have a choice - oldglide 07:59:25 03/24/12 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.