Home Tape Trail

Reel to reel, cassette and other analogue tape formats.

RE: Are Tandberg Decks Known To Be Unreliable?

Niklas,

I was humouring the suggestion to do a hybrid deck out of the fun of it. Honestly it would never really happen since I don't have that kind of money. So do you really think I was going to take it there and rip apart my deck?

That said yes my deck is broken. That's life. I've been trying to find a decent repair tech to do the job and my search so far hasn't gotten me far. There is no way Im shipping the deck to Europe. Its just too darn expensive for shipping, plus risky and a huge wait to get it back. My best option is to wait it out till Willy Hermann is available. Until then I can't really do much. All I can ask is to hope my other 3014 can be fixed as well. It has a better chance of working then the one Im using currently. Someone on TH has mentioned they have access to new parts for these decks. Im currently looking into it with him to see if he can get me parts. If it turns out he does, then there is a good chance my 3014A deck can be fixed to the condition it should have been in the first place.

As for the fact I can take advantage of such a deck. The answer is YES. Its the best deck I've ever heard bar none. My headphones tell me that. My amp and speakers- aren't up to that quality yet. Im working on it. Its better to have that capability now so I can record top quality tapes and be able to hear the difference later. And my hearing is good enough to notice the difference. Its the reason Im not satisfied with many components I have. I've learned to hear the difference. Not many people can say that. Some things I have are budget yes, but I picked the best I could get for the money. I just didn't know what I was getting into with the Tandberg because I didn't do my full research on it at the time I got the 2 decks.

Dolph- all this posting is how I do my homework and get more knowledge on these things. Its the way I learn. So call me the guy with the broken deck. But I do know this- Im not the only one.

Edits: 01/20/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.