Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

My sincere sympathies....

It really hurts when something goes up like that: Perhaps your homeowner's insurance will cover?

Unfortunately, the PFR uses relays and a lot of digital switching in order to get the full function remote working. If all of those are blown, then just the labor alone to replace all those parts becomes astronomical. In addition I would guess that the power supply is also pranged as CJ uses IC regulators.

It is always good to have at least a surge protector on your circuits. You can never tell. I had an acquaintance who brought me a Power Wedge grumbling that it just failed after coming home from a trip to the local market. In opening up the unit, I found a 1/2 inch hole blown into the Corcom module from the voltage limiter which had arced from a lightning strike down the street. Considering that he had $6K worth of gear plugged into it, I'd sat it was cheap insurance.

Might be better to list on AA trader as a parts unit, after all, as you point out, it is a nice chassis.

Stu

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.