Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Heathkit IB-2 Impedance Bridge

I have the schematic. It was really the calibration and use information I needed. I found a copy of the construction and use manual for the IB-3128, a later version of the unit. It is still virtually the same inside and out as the IB-1, IB-2, IB-2A etc. The IB-3128 was still using the 1L4, 1U4 vacuum tubes since the circuitry appeared in 1948. I haven't checked to see if new tubes are still available or not. They were designed for use in battery portable radios before the advent of transistors. They have low current drain and very little heat generated by operation, so they tend not to cause drift in oscillator applications.

The manual for the IB-3128 explains in detail how to calibrate the unit plus how to use it, so I am set to go now. One advantage of the IB-3128 schematics is that they show the function switches for each type of test on individual schematics for resistance, capacitance and inductance testing which helps in understanding how it works.

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.