Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

High Pass Slope Using Balanced XLR?

Gentlemen,

I need your help. One of my speakers is unavoidably placed in a corner and I have been using a Behringer DEQ2496 acting as a 12db per octave high pass filter in that channel to compensate for the bass reinforcement the speaker is getting from its corner loading. Although this does the job, I’d rather not have the Behringer or any other active device in the circuit.

I plan on building an XLR cable that has built-in high pass capacitors and here’s where I need your help: Will placing a cap on both the positive and negative leg of the balanced circuit yield a 12db per octave slope or will it just be 6db per octave. If it’s just 6db per octave it probably won’t work well enough in this particular situation.

I’m planning on having the cable custom made for me, so I can’t just try it out and would like some advice regarding the slope before I commit to buying it.

Thanks very much!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - High Pass Slope Using Balanced XLR? - speakertweaker 08:22:00 02/16/11 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.