Home Tech Square

Technical and speculative discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Frustrated with uptapped potential

You might try moving the speakers closer together, closer to you and pointed at you. Perhaps have the speaker on either side of the TV and the equipment rack off to one side.

It may be impossible, especially with the TV, but if you reverse the whole thing so that the speakers are on either side of the gangway into the dining room that may also help. That's essentially what I'm doing, although with a slightly different geometry and it works very well. I've not had good luck with the configuration you are using unless I sit in the near-field, no further away than the speaker spacing. The rub is that there is too much room reflection too soon. Being near the side walls can be a killer.

Just some thoughts from my limited experience, many folks know a lot more and can advise further patches such as absorbers. I'd try some of the speaker fora. However my belief is to see how much you can do with location first then try to patch what remains.

Good luck, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.