Home The Signature Sound Lounge

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Speaker cables are defeintely a problem...

a 9 gauge solid core silver (in my experience) is a cable that can make the speaker sound a thin and bright. This type of speaker cable is quite clear sounding, but the balance is all wrong.

Ideally, a single wire run of Cardas Golden Reference is the best (also quite expensive, but not grossly more expensive than the cables you have). If your speaker cable runs are not too long (around 3m or less), excellent alternatives are Cardas SE-9, SE-11, Neutral Ref single wire, or Audience Au24 single wire.

This will not be a small difference... the VSM-Ms will clearly show up the difference between cables... the speaker in general, work best with copper based stranded wire designs.

Some other thoughts:

If you stingray is configured in Ultralinear mode and not switchable between triode and Ultalinear, I woul suggest sedning the amp to Manley lbas and have them add the triode/Ultralinaer switch option to your unit (cost around $250 - $300 I think).... In triode mode the Stingray is fuller and sweeter and still quite punchy...though you loose some power in this mode you will find the combo to be allot of fun and very musical.

Get some similar interconnects to go along with the speaker cables I suggested.... Some Audience Au24 or some pairs of Cardas Golden Ref if you can afford it will get things sounding more connected and balanced.

Happy Listening,
Rich Brkich
Retailer & Audio Asylum Industry Liaison

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Speaker cables are defeintely a problem... - Rich Brkich 08:55:23 09/21/05 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.