Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

RE: The Seller's improper behavior

If you've sent a payment, then you bought a turntable, right? Not "going to buy," but "bought."

How long to wait? Wait until the seller misses the date you agreed to. (That's a hint.)

Can your relative file a Paypal claim? Sure, though it will be complicated by the fact the you are the party buying the item. Using someone else's Paypal account or credit card makes unraveling any deal very difficult.

Next time, spell out everything in an email, something like this:

This is my understanding of our deal. I'm buying 1 Superwidget, per your ad in Canuck Audio Mart, attached. The price is $357.12 plus $22.50 shipping. I will send you payment of $379.62 via Paypal within 2 days. You will ship the widget, insured for $357.12, via UPS ground, within 5 days of receiving payment. Please respond that you agree, and I will send payment. Thanks.

Get the seller to agree to the specifics before sending money. No need to specify what happens if either party breaches the agreement. Keep it simple and specific.

Sorry you didn't see the bad feedback. For me, any bad feedback is a deal-killer. There are lots of scoundrels who maintain perfect feedback, and the ones who don't are really the bottom of the barrel.

Good luck.

WW
"Put on your high heeled sneakers. Baby, we''re goin'' out tonight.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.