Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Smeared?

I would not question your electronics acumen and as some suggested there may be places where this works just fine, like bi-plate 2A3s, though I note that single plate versions seem in higher demand. When I've paralleled sections it has only been in driver circuits of SE amps, so my experience is limited to that and yes, the circuits in my case were optimized for things like the reduced Rp, why else do any of this? Maybe "smeared" (my term) is a poor application of language to what my ears perceive. What I've experienced are things like less clarity in placement of instruments and less ability to hear individual instruments- as in the case of massed strings, etc. Makes no diff to me if it is measurable because I do this for the enjoyment of music, not because I'm making precision test equipment or such. So if one circuit sounds better to my ears, that's what I will build and yes I'm quite familiar with the engineering theory behind it all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Smeared? - SteveBrown 16:03:02 12/12/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.