Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Best 5U4G rectifier

I now have an Ayon Crossfire III that uses a 5U4G rectifier for the input and driver tubes. I am currently using a NOS Svetlana "Winged C" that sounds good and seems to be well balanced.

The question is, what is significantly better than this one (I also have a NOS Sylvania 5U4GB that I haven't tried yet) from the NOS world that is not "unobtainium" or outrageous priced. How would this compare to new made ones from Emission Labs, China, Ayon (rebadged EML?), KR Audio, Sophia electric etc.

I have a chance to get the Ayon mesh plate ones that are absolutely HUGE compared to the typical NOS 5U4G. They look more like a big output tube.

I will be giving a trial on those because I am currently reviewing the Ayon Vulcan Evo monos that are using this beastly 5U4G.

I have not really done a lot of rectifier rolling tube it made a big difference in a Lampizator DAC trial I was a part of a month ago. Also, it made a pretty big difference with a PureSound A30 amp that I had.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Best 5U4G rectifier - morricab 07:12:58 12/01/16 (10)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.