Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: EML solid Plate 45 vs. EML mesh Plate 45 .........better for SET ?

FYI regarding caps. I have tried a few, not Mundorf. Here is what I hear.

1. Clarity MR is very clean and has a non-natural sheen to the sound. Plastic-like for lack of better words.

2. Russian k40 is very natural and tonally colorful. Not as solid in the bass as the very best, but still very good in the bass. I really like the tone of this cap and use it in several places.

3. Jupiter Copper Foil Oil - very very neutral and natural. No tonal anomalies anywhere. It is a bit dry and certainly not as colorful as the Russian, but it also has no extra techni-color. I suspect it is as neutral as possible.

4. Duelund Cast PIO - I just put these into my amp recently. Only about 50 hours on them. Hard to say how much they differ from the Jupiter's. I think they are similar, but the Duelunds might have a bit more texture and color. TBD.

Hope this helps in your decision. FYI: I have some Russian, Clarity MR and Jupiter caps for sale (used). Just in case you want to try something for 50% off. Just offering.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.