Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Pat got me thinking about his SET driving his ESLs

So I decided to get out a pair of SET amps..I have two pair of SET amps and this is one pair..I inherited these from my audio mentor that passed away too soon but he was driving a pair of Martin Logan Vantages which are an ESL hybrid.The SETs drove the panels from 400cps on up and the built in amps that powered the woofers,also got its signal from the SET amps.They are 92db efficient...These amps are the AES/CARY which as you can see I took out the 1200uf lytics that were hooked in series giving me 600uf and I replaced them with a pair of 70uf@370vac in parallel giving me 140uf.The caps handle the 680vdc on them just fine and they have been in there since 2006.Here are the Martin Logan Vantage speaker specs.Right now they are powering my full range NewForm Research 645 ribbons that have a pair of Seas woofers in each and doing a beautiful job.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 10/02/16 10/02/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - Pat got me thinking about his SET driving his ESLs - Michael Samra 01:36:12 10/02/16 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.