Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

"If you add an external resistor to the source (FG, Amp, Preamp, Battery; etc.), it's just become part of the load circuit and does not do any impedance transformation to the source circuit. I guess it only took about 60 posts to get to this point."

It seems t me you are misunderstanding a basic point about equivalent circuits. What Dave Slagle was saying seems to be correct. A source of 50 ohm impedance, in series with a 5K resistor, can be viewed as a source of 5050 ohms impedance.

It doesn't matter, from the point of view of analysing the total circuit, whether you view it as a source of 50 ohm impedance, driving into a load of 5K resistance in series with the transformer, or whether, on the other hand, you view it as a source of 5050 ohms impedance driving directly into the transformer. It is the same circuit either way you view it.

But it is perfectly valid, and useful, to view the 50 ohm output impedance generator plus the 5K series resistor as a 5050 ohm output impedance generator. The circuit as a whole doesn't care whether the 5K resistor sits inside the box labelled "signal generator," or if it sits outside the box.

Chris

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.