Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

I presented you two pics together so you can connect the dots and at least come up with knowing the resistors are part of closed circuit with the feedback resistor of some sort going back into the more intelligent circuit compromised of the calibration circuit, microprocessor and the driving circuits.

you want me to connect the dots you see and at no point do I see any mention or reference that that 100K resistor is a feedback resistor. I do see it connects to a "black box" called the "internal calibration network circuit" and know that the 288 has a calibration button but that is about as far as I get.

as for your measurements.... I have no idea what I am looking at. first the pictures are not very clear and the numbers are hard to read but you state that you used a 20V signal (didn't mention whether it was rms peal or p-p) and then show what appears to be a 40V p-p sine so that makes some sense. the other trace voltage label is not clear but it does appear to be 40mv which is a 1000:1 ratio or 60dB of attenuation and the only way I can even conceive of that happening is if the primary of the DUT is shorted.

Since you have gone as far as hooking up the circuit, why haven't you done the actual sweep with and without the 5K series resistor and shown the results?

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.