Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

I see that as C1, L1, R1 are in parallel with the series resistor R2 of 5K. FG as the AC impedance source.

You follow the path the current flows and see what the current sees (i.e branches out).

So, the voltage / current come out of the + end of FG and goes into the 5K resistor in your circuit and then the current see the branch with C1, L1, R1. So, current decided to chop itself off 3 portions and follow through the path according to the value set by R1, Xc, and Xl and then to the Ground.

Regardless of how components are placed (the R2 on top of the FG), where is the actual load begins at? Where is the point the load meets with the FG?

Most sim can't simulate an actual AC impedance source to the actual circuit (most sim software have unlimited current and voltage capability at any impedance you define because of programming limitations and the use of purely mathematical formulae).

If it can simulate a real 5000ohm Zout or a 50ohm Zout, I highly doubt that you will see the same thing between the 5000ohm impedance FG and 50 ohm impedance FG in series with 5K resistor. At the very least, you will see a very varied phase angle between the results from a real 5K ohm FG or source and a 50ohm FG with a 5K series resistors.

And as always, it also depends on where you probe your Scope and what you are looking at.

Regards,
James
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

Edits: 09/05/16 09/05/16 09/05/16 09/05/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.