Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

No matter from where I look at (i.e. From the input pin of the transformer or from the output pin of the FG, I only get the same answer). That resistor is in series with the input pin of the transformer. Thus, creating a current limiter and (variable) voltage drop across it depending on the load impedance of the transformer based on the different frequency.

That's the way I see it no matter where I look at.

Now, what is that wonderful Engineering marvel FG of yours? I would like to look it up and see what kind of circuit it is constructed with.

Have you ever opened it up and see the impedance selector switch selects different resistors or resistance values? And are they the series resistor inside the FG box with the value of 550, 250 and a short wire?

I wonder why no Engineers from HP, and Tektronix never send a box of resistors along with the FG for the end user to transform the source impedance like you mentioned. It would be very useful for sure.

.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.