Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

So, you are saying whatever resistor connected to the source becomes the actual source including the resistor value?

50ohms impedance with 1K series is 1050ohms source and 5K becomes 5050ohms source?

So, why don't we just all use 5K ohm OPT in series with a 5K ohm resistor and call it a true 10K ohm transformer? After all, it's much easier to make better performing transformer with lower Primary Z, right?

Your assumption of adding R is part of the FG is only correct if that R is placed inside the Function Generator and performs part of the circuit or the transfer function in union with the capacitive reactance Xc and inductive reactance Xl of that circuit.

But placing a series resistor R outside the function generator is really a current limiting for the FG and causing voltage drop across it as the load varies (with or without varying frequency). It's really that energy is lost in that resistor and not transferred to the Transformer. It must be why no one wants to use 5K Zp OPT with another big dump 5K resistor to waste energy (power). It also limits the current flowing through the 5K series primary.

It gets much simpler when you define a voltage source and a current source and an AC impedance source.

What can AC impedance source supply to a short circuit? Voltage drop across it's own internal resistance or impedance value and current proportionately to that resistance or impedance value right?

What can AC impedance source with 5K series resistor as in your suggest supply to a short circuit? Find that out for me and let me know. Where does the voltage drop occur at with respect to Ground?
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.