Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

Yes! I agree to that.

That's truly make it difficult to design a circuit for Fc out of 200KHz not to be effected by the RC filter slope.

So, let's say your Fc moves out to the 40KHz instead of 20KHz, the low pass attenuation starts at around 4KHz?

Now, here is the advantage of the 1:4 IT I have. It slightly adds more Voltage gain at the rising frequency so it'll negate that effect of the Low Pass filter loss and puts an overall FR of the final output a little flatter. You normally don't have that advantage with a constant voltage sources.

Now back to the transformer impedance, it was specified by the manufacturer at a certain (unknown to me) frequency as the starting point. But it is the Audio IT, I can safely assume that is the the optimum load it present to the Source during the AF Band.

Since I can't measure and don't know the exact value of it, I must use it as an optimal loading point to the Driver Tube and find an appropriate driver tube. Lower Rp driver tube does not pose a problem but Higher Rp driver more than 10K Rp will be loaded by the Transformer Primary.

It's the same reason you can't put 600Ohm Primary IT on the 5K Rp tube since it'll just load the Voltage in the primary and drop most of it on the primary side and less current (or AC Flux) is available to the core and to the secondary side. It's the opposite of Saturation (current starving core) which looks like a saturated core. I think Dave and I had quite a lengthy discussion of that.

Anyway, I appreciate you taking seriously to make me see through this.

Sometimes, things got lost in translation and my apologies for that. But I think we are essentially on the same page with a different approach to the solution.

.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers? - megasat16 12:59:49 09/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.