Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

And with this, we are now back at Square 1.

Reducing Rp will have more current available to the C. I don't think I disagree with that. It just meant a different driver tube other than 5K Rp in the case of 801A.

But really, how much current a Grid needs? Elimate the IT and the fixed resistor R in the direct coupling circuit and substitute with the short so the Vsource is the same as the low Rp tube like 500ohms. Fc will shift due to the lower Rp (or R in the RC) value but passing that Fc point, the attenuation will occur the same. Rp values are fixed too. In a way, it is more current avilable till Imax is reached. But beyond Xc point, it'll all be just the same all over. Fc is shifted due to the R being smaller.

So, you can't make more current available without changing Rp (the tube itself) or the IT. I think it's all you have been saying that 1:4IT won't supply enough current due to it's high Z value and the Fc point will occur within AF band.

I also think I have been saying that Triode Roll Off will happen. But when you say it won't work, I started misunderstanding why won't it work.

But I think we are all saying the same thing in a different way.

Essentially, your choice is not to use the 1:4IT which I understand and respect that.

But my choice is to use the IT I have and to work around it and find a suitable tubes for it. I think you have mentioned that it would be very difficult if not next to impossible?
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.