Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

Hi Tre,

Thanks for making me see the coins on the flip side.

So, I do some more reading on the Cmiller effecting the total Cin of the Triode.

I know you gave me an example before and the this pretty much seems the same except this paper has no mentioning the Grid Current Requirement.

http://www.aikenamps.com/index.php/what-is-miller-capacitance

Since I don't have any Output tube in mind, I can't do an actual Cin calculation for this discussion yet. So, let's presume the Cin is 1uF of an unknown DHT which is a unrealistically pretty big for a tube.

So, in the Triode, the 1uF appears at the Grid of the Tube and termed Cin, yeah?

Let's say the 600V AC (from my last example yesterday) appears from the Grid Pin of the IT and present to the 1uF Cin of the Tube.

At this point, what happened to that voltage at the Grid? Will it not go inside the Grid of the tube? Will the Grid of output tube draw a lot of current from the IT so the voltage becomes very small?

Since the Grid is loaded on 1:4IT, will it load the driver tube from the ideal Rl? Ideally, the Rl is higher than Rp of the driver tube not to excessively load the driver tube during Grid Current demand.

But here is what I am thinking. If a 1uF Coupling cap is put in between the Plate of the Driver Tube and the Grid of the Output tube, does it present the same condition as Cin to the Driver tube? Even a very small amount of AC seems to pass through the coupling Cap fine. Then, why it won't it pass through another 1uF Cin inside a glass tube? It'll just be two 1uF caps in series in the circuit.

Thanks,
James
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.