Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: What tubes to use with this Interstage Transformers?

Why aren't you seeing it? It's beyond me. You don't have to do FFT. And your FFT looks way bumpy to me for a sine wave. I don't know why.

According to your own circuit with 5K resistor limiting to about 4mA-40mA (actual number depends on the actual source impedance of the FG) of current driving into a parallel circuit that has low value DCR of less than 50-100ohms, unknown value C but a large value of L in series with the rate of charge of 20 cycle, you will have a resulting vector of triangular output due to the charge due to the very limited current. That triangular output is now reflected back to the source and combined into a pretty distorted sine wave.

To overcome this, you either need to increases the frequency (charge the C of the primary winding more rapidly) or increase the current to charge the capacitance of the winding at every cycle. It's exactly what I envisioned and exactly what I see. Or the result is incomplete charge cycle resulting in a triangular shape waveform. It's the same principle as ripple in Power Supply circuit.

What's the point of using such distorted waveform since it'll only make everything worse? If you can suggest me to modify your own circuit, I am sure it'll work and I can try.
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.

Edits: 08/29/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.