Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: Venturing into SET active system. Does a 45 have enough power?

My current speakers' midbasses are crossed over at 350Hz. The ones I'm working on will be somewhere between 300 and 600Hz, frankly. Tests will tell, and changing xo points and slopes is very easy with my setup, so will be a matter of trials. My midbass drivers are used on some MTMs with good reviews playing up to 1200Hz or so, so their performance up to 600Hz is good.

Some people ara adamant about not crossing over within the vocal range while others say it doesn't matter as long as you do it right. And digital linear phase crossovers and time-aligned drivers seem to be a good route to a good implementation. So I will try it and decide.

FWIW, I have subs playing to 80Hz on their own channels (again, TBD somewhere from 60 to 100Hz) and midbasses playing from there to 300-600Hz. Midrange above that, and then tweeters.

I might try a passive xo between midrange and tweeter after I decide xo point and slope with the active setup. Lots of fun! :-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Venturing into SET active system. Does a 45 have enough power? - LewinskiH01 10:19:05 08/24/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.