Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: ELECTRAPRINT Single-Ended Output Transformers, DIY Modifications

The wiring mod pictured above is to a ElectraPrint 5 K to 8 ohm SE output transformer, gapped to do 100 mA. Notice, four lead wires total, two for 5 K primary and two for secondary, which I am guessing is 8 Ohms, 'have not measured it yet to know for sure.

The double 16 AWG Mill Spec wire needs to go on ALL FOUR leads, to get the best improvement.

The referenced URL is my modification of a Hammond 274BX, a power transformer which is what I sometimes use to do two stage DC Type 45 SETs.

These mods are WONDERFUL, and it needs to be done throughout the audio chain, so there are no weak links.

An inch of bad wire can ruin the musical experience !! Imagine speaker lead outs of 22 AWG, off an output trannie !! Heck, imagine them IN and OUT, ugh, ... NO thinking in the implementation. Low fi to mid fi...... at best.

EZ to fix , do it thoughtfully !! Practice DILIGENTLY stripping insulation on the cut-off stock lead out wire, and you can execute graft, stock wire wrapped three times around, Wonder Soldered, even closer to the core !!!

Jeff Medwin

Edits: 07/18/16 07/18/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ELECTRAPRINT Single-Ended Output Transformers, DIY Modifications - drlowmu 08:47:14 07/18/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.