Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

PSE 6C33C Monoblocs

In January I finished my build of a pair of PSE 6C33C monoblocs. The Lundahl iron, circuit boards and many of the parts were sourced from Kevin Carter at K&K Audio. Kevin designed the circuit as well. I was using a pair of DRD 300B monoblocs for more than 10 years previously. The new amps are rated at 35W and as well as I have enjoyed the 300B amps, I have never had dynamics like this from my Froy 90dB speakers. The rhythm section of bands have achieved more prominence in the presentation and the music has sense of ease that draws you in deeper.
The chassis' were built using 4" aluminum channel, .125" aluminum plate and mesquite that was harvested from a tree I had planted in the front yard 25 years ago. Tree was cut down about 6 yrs ago because the roots were lifting the concrete driveway. The chassis work was more involved that the electronics. If I had to do it again, I probably would use the steel chassis' available from K&K but still veneer it with a wood of my choice. Hook-up wire used was 22ga fine silver for the signal path and 20ga fine silver for the power supply. Circuit was built using Kevin's design with the addition of a pair of Mundorf silver foil bypass caps. Kevin has a provision for bypass caps on the output board.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - PSE 6C33C Monoblocs - big muck 20:31:31 04/24/16 (9)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.