Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

"while fashion favours more modern technology, time tells the opposite story"

"My question to customers who disparage valve amplifiers is always, "OK, so how many 20 - 30 year old transistor amplifiers can you mention that have any value (meaning someone will actually pay money for it)?" in general there is no answer to this question, as most of these amplifiers are gone long before they get this old, now the next question is "So how many 30 - 40 year old valve amplifiers can you mention that people would buy now?" This list becomes quite extensive - depending on how knowledgeable whoever is answering the question is - Quad, Radford, Leak, Marantz, Fisher, Harman-Kardon, and so many others, so what we can conclude is that while fashion favours more modern technology, time tells the opposite story, which is partly why we make the products we make."

PQ. from the article 'PETER QVORTRUP TALKS THREE-MOTOR TURNTABLES: AUDIO NOTE UK 2016, FACTORY PHOTOS & NEW SPEAKERS', https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2016/01/13/qa-with-audio-note-uks-peter-qvortrup/

Big J

"... only a very few individuals understand as yet that personal salvation is a contradiction in terms."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • "while fashion favours more modern technology, time tells the opposite story" - jusbe 06:46:29 04/16/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.