Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RAPHAELITE Sinovt 2A3-845 MonoBlock acting up

An audio buddy bought these tube monos thru Amazon less than a year ago and now they are not working right. One amp has bad distortion and the other amp blows fuses. The amp that blows I got it up to 80vac and it plays fine and everything seems ok. I just wanted to check if the tubes were an issue and they seem to be working. The distort amp I have not done any testing yet other than to verify that the power supply is not shorted and there are no obvious faults. I did power it up to about 70vac and when music is played the distortion was easily heard.
I am sorry but I could not finde a schematic for this amp.
If you are not familiar with this amp it has balanced and se inputs. So the input goes to a transformer which goes to a 12at7 input tube. the 2 sections of the at7 are paralleled which is cap coupled to a 2a3. this is then transformer coupled to the 845. Filaments for the 845 is rectified. I measured at 80vac on the blows amp, 4.5 vac and 4.4vac on the ac input to the rectifier and 6.9vdc and -1.7vdc on the pos and neg terminals. On the bridge rect for the 2a3 I measured 2.2 and 2.1 vac on the input and 46 and 45 vdc on the output. In fact i measured dc on 3 terminals of 44 to 46 volts, except the plate which is 290 vdc.
For the 845 tube I measure at 80vac, 825vdc Av, -112vdc G1, and 6.0 and -1.6 on the heater. The 12at7 has 220v Av, 0 grid, and 2.7v Kv. Filament is AC.
there are 2 SS devices. 1 IRF 840 and a Lingar? LT1083CP. On this same circuit board are 2 bridger rect. brand "ch"? 2W10M or 2WIOM . I am guessing this circuit board supplies bias voltage for the 2a3 and 845 tubes.
Right now the only thing that sticks out is the 45vdc on 3 terminals of the 2a3. But, I am unfamiliar with this tube and 2a3 amps so I have no idea if this is normal or not.
Also the Power trans primary is wired for 110vac as there are taps for only 110 and 220.
Well, if anyone can point me in some areas to check and also comment on the voltages if they are in the "ballpark" or not please let me know. cheers, Dak

Edits: 04/12/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - RAPHAELITE Sinovt 2A3-845 MonoBlock acting up - DAK 13:49:27 04/12/16 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.