Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

RE: that ws helpful

Having recently built an ANK Kit 1 myself, I can tell you that I love the amp. I have the 2014 Edition with the updated, heavier gauge aluminum chassis, the newer heatsink configuration and the latest transformers, which are made to ANK's spec - they are monstrously heavy and seem very robust.
I find the amp to make wonderful music as you'd expect a 300B to be, yet there's nothing slow, syrupy or mushy about the amp's character. It's a remarkably "modern" sounding amp - sweet, extended highs and an amp that, with the right speakers (read, easier to drive) will pump out fairly amazing bass.
I am pretty certain that Brian Smith of ANK in Canada buys the C-Core trannies directly from AN UK. He's a great guy and I'd suggest you call him if you're interested in one of his products. Happily, ANK is currently running a July 10% off promotion, too.
I have a little audio blog and blogged the process of building my Kit 1. I also offer a lot of specific listening impressions. You're welcome to take a look:

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: that ws helpful - rebbi 19:19:20 06/18/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.