Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

ayon spark with 93 db standmounts

Hi,
I Have a Contrast audio stand-mount 93 db speaker being driven by the Leben 300xs, and feel that while the string tone is rich (which is why I bought it )there is a lack of weight and body especially for large orchestral stuff, and I end up having to crank up loud. Recently listened to the Ayon Spark 6c33 single ended at 20 watts very very briefly on the Contrasts and found it to have a lot more dynamic presentation. Could not listen to classical, but the jazz ensembles I heard were just so much bigger than with the Leben, even though my listening areas is small.

I wonder if I am perhaps imagining things for the power difference between the two is so little. Can SET make a difference to size and body of instuments? Is anyone else using a combo of this kind (20 watt SET into 93db standmounts) to good effect for orchestral stuff.

I have been missing scale and weight so much so that am thinking of moving back to quality SS, knowing well that I would miss the tube tone. Its an old see-saw- have done it before, more than once!

PSK

PSK

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - ayon spark with 93 db standmounts - PSK 04:44:01 05/02/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.