Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Please go and re-read Gord and my posting ...

Gordon R.: "... first of which is the 300B is more involved. In general a 2A3 or 45 requires less parts and the power supply runs at a lower voltage...."

Sans Nom: "... I have yet to come across one that uses minimal parts and minimal gain stages (1 voltage amplifier stage before driving 300B is the minimum)yet sounds good. Suffice to say that the more driving stages added to the circuit the more parts required, while all other things being equal, disregarding it's sonic outcome and subsequently the total cost."

To Joseph> I didn't say it "cannot" be done. In fact it can be done with the same cost like a 2A3 amp. Unfortunately being a "manufacturer" youself you failed to perceive our needs in terms of an audio gear's basic functionality: to provide the best aural experience based on an often subjective electrical-mechanical reproduction of music.

In other words: shitty-sounding amps can be made cheaply. Good sounding 300B oftentimes cost more to implement than a good sounding 2A3.

Jacques.

Focus of the Day: make machine that "reproduce" music, not just a machine that "makes" music...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Please go and re-read Gord and my posting ... - Sans Nom 11:47:53 04/27/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.