Home SET Asylum

Single Ended Triodes (SETs), the ultimate tube lovers dream.

Jack, I'm not posting to start a "pissing contest".

"And I hear they're making inflatable dolls more life-like now. I prefer the real thing. Jack"

What does your snide remark about inflatable dolls have to do with the musical tastes? What does your sex life have to do with musical preferences?

"You sound like someone depserately trying to defend their product. If yopu prefer the sound of trioded pentodes, thats your right. Just be aware, that others may prefer the real thing.
enjoy, Jack"

The only "real thing" is live music, and even that sounds different in different venues or seating positions. Your have your own taste, and others have theirs.

Please don't put down others or start challenging like Mtry when someone dares to question your authority. I have heard a fair number of amps and systems in my lifetime, but that doesn't make me a "guru." I have only heard a few SET's, and I really like them. However, even though you have heard more SET's than I have, I don't bow to your authority as the only right information about what constitutes "good" SET sound. I respect others as well, and I know that everyone doesn't agree with you.

What sounds "good" to you is not everyone's standard. I still strongly disagree with a forum moderator putting down others whose tastes are different from their own. You even felt compelled to attempt to belittle me down with your "schematics" remark.

Let's let people have their tastes and discuss them without putdowns and ego challenges. Otherwise, we might as well shut down the forum and publish a static "Jack's Gospel of SET's" since no on else's opinion seems to be valid.

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.