Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

WARNING!!

That is the big problem I see in this.It is rather new and if the people do not know what they are doing serious damage can occur with the process.

Audio Engineer has used a Cryo Treatment and his results were less than stellar if you read his reaction to it at his site,but it does not mention what that process was.He is knowledgeable and I respect his opinions ,but other's are have reported hughe benefits.His sources say it is not a beneficial process and they are Metalurgist and Chemist I believe.

Ray Kimber I guess is experimenting with it,but he has not mentioned anything thus far that I have found.(will do a search)

Wayne of BoulderCables uses it through Ray Kimber's facility so something is going on in the research and implementation of it.

Alan Krafton uses and believes in it beyond any doubt.

And many of the Audio community are believers of the benefits of it.

The thing that makes me wary are the many fly-by-night cryo labs that are starting to crop up that might think that you just immerse your whateveer in it ,take it out and you have treated cables or whatever and you know this is not the case.I see you have to do this over a period of time under the correct conditions and with the best of equiptment by knowledgeable people.Anything less and you are running the risk of fracturing the componets therefore compromising it's mechanical integrity.

Godd luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.