Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

John...

Being familiar with a lot of your work and behind the scenes research throughout the years, i believe you 100% when you say that you are doing your best to try and understand and explain how / why things work the way that they do. There is no doubt in my mind that you put forth every effort possible to know and learn as much about audio electronics that you can. In doing so, i sometimes think that you take for granted that others may have the same level of understanding and / or desire to know what you know and that is simply not the case.

Having said that, i did not take John E's initial response to you as being confrontational. I think that he was asking "how far does one have to go before we are sure that it is or isn't audible ? Are we barking up the wrong tree here? ". While i can see how you could take this as saying "this is so low, you are are wasting your time", i don't think that he meant it that way. I think that he's REALLY trying to figure out WHY cables sound different from one another and how we can document / analyze those differences. After all, he does acknowledge that cables DO sound different from one another.

I hope that you take this in the manner that i meant it to come across. I and many, many others here appreciate your efforts. At the same time, we also appreciate the efforts of some of those that tend to disagree with you. It is possible for even an imbecile like me to make sense once in a while and be able to help someone out. Let's try to keep things in balance and maybe we can make progress rather than enemies. If we don't understand what someone is trying to say or their post can be taken in several different ways, let's try asking for clarification rather than going off on what might simply be a misunderstanding. I'd like to continue learning from you and all the others that are willing to share but don't want to have to wade through posts and sometimes entire threads of nothing more than contempt to do such. Sean
>

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.