Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Power cord realities and illusions

I've been to a sommelier tasting course and so called experts from the industry were humbled, quite funny. Yes there are people who know what they talk about but they are few. It would be interesting to test audiophiles, maybe there is such an experiment. I often wonder when I look at the prices of cables that a person can tell the difference between a rhodium plated AC plug with solid silver contacts and one made of 99.99999% copper with rhodium plating. The industry I am in deals with wiring and the processing of terminals. I have yet to read about how the high end audio cable suppliers ensure a perfect connection from wire to connector. They usually go on about plating and make up of the wire or cable maybe the shielding (if they believe in it). The only company that I am aware of that even mention the importance of the connection is Blue Jeans who use a Sonobond ultrasonic welder to facilitate a perfect connection. Maybe there is someone who can hear a good crimp after all?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.