Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension

Well, you avoid one point. I have given examples where speaker cables make an audible difference and where interconnects can make an audible difference. These are quite intelligible on rationalist grounds, and so it is quite unfair to characterize the rationalist position as being that cables and interconnects do not make an audible difference under any circumstances.

I'm not avoiding anything. I'm just tired of posturing and playing word games.

I don't think your second sentence is a fair statement of my position. When we are talking about audio from a scientific perspective, I consider myself a solid "rationalist". I'm the one that started this thread with the quotes from Carl Sagan.

They feel you ought to decide one way or the other, get on with life, etc. They may interpret it as waffling or worse, and there is not much you can do about it. But this does not allow for time to process the matter, nor to find ways of dealing with the various elements. I understand this and I think mtry does as well. Some don't, and there is no use getting too upset about it.

Now that I've gotten over my ranting and raving, I want to thank you for your understanding of my position. I do believe that you and mtrycrafts understand my position, and have never been judgmental about it. I know I won't win any popularity contests on this site by saying this, but I have a lot of respect for mtrycrafts' position, even though I don't always agree with him, and I don't always agree with his approach or bedside manner (but there are certainly people here who in my opinion have far worse bedside manners that mtrycrafts).

With respect to the fact that people like you, Monstrous Mike and Bruce (sorry if I've left anyone out), who regularly post at AR have decided to participate here as well, I see that as extremely positive. This forum isn't going to work, in my opinion, if we don't have all rational viewpoints strongly represented. In addition, I believe that you all are people who are responsible in the way you advance your own positions and are respectful of others (Bruce, I must say, is much like me and sometimes gets fairly worked up about certain issues - but I'm the last one that should be commenting on that type of thing).

I just want to say that regardless of some of the very spirited discussions we have had, and may have in the future, I personally welcome your participation here and certainly hope that it continues.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension - Phil Tower 08:05:13 11/19/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.