Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: You seem to have a problem with reading comprehension

Now, if you will look into the lists of references Mtry has supplied, you will find some that have documented differences in speaker cables (16 gauge vs. 24 gauge, 30 foot lengths), notably Laurence Greenhill, "Speaker Cables, Can You Hear the Difference," Stereo Review, August 1983, p. 46-51. He has referred to this from time to time in the past.

I just want to respond to this statement and then hopefully draw this to an end. I've seen this statement numerous times, but it is wholly irrelevant, because no one is arguing over this type of disparity. The real debate is whether cables of similar gauge and length can sound different. I have stated the issue that way on numerous occasions. I just get tired of writing it out.

Beyond this, this sub-thread is beginning to remind me too much of AR. I'm at fault for starting it in the first place. I believe that most of the naysayers at AR are extremely biased and narrow-minded. But that is just my opinion and it isn't worth discussing further. I will try not to bring it up again so that we can all focus on real issues.

I do however need to comment on one comment you made:

You want a good case where an interconnect could make a difference?

The only thing I want a good case for is the truth, regardless of where it leads. I am not advocating either side of the Great Cable Debate, because at the scientific level I accept that the yeasayer case has not be established through valid control testing, and until it is we all have to wait and see. Perhaps it never will be established because maybe it can't be. I don't know. I enjoy discussing these issues, but I'm not trying to pick an argument with anyone.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.