Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Argumentation

But audio is a passion where the "truth" is unimportant. If one likes what one hears at least in this area it hurts no one else. If others' observations are interesting to you, that is the purpose of AA. As I have said before, I do not think our instrumentation of sounds validly captures why we like some wires, etc. and not others, so if an amp sounds good and measures poorly, I am not being unscientific in saying I will listen to the amp.

The truth is unimportant to you as a hobbiest. I have no problem with that, as that is pretty much where I am too as a hobbiest. However, virtually every other board at AA is dedicated to hobbiests who want to proceed no further than subjective discussions or DIY projects.

I've spent years assembling my system and, with one exception, I'm not looking to make any further upgrade. I try and share my subjective experiences with others at the other boards where I think I might be of some assistance; and, BTW, for doing that I have been severly criticized over at AR.

However, I get bored reading subjective discriptions of cables and components that I'm not even close to considering putting in my system. For me, personally, this board affords an opportunity simply to discuss and take a look at our hobby from a viewpoint that, in my experience, doesn't get much airing.

Do you see any problem with that?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Argumentation - Phil Tower 09:25:23 11/18/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.