Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

RE: Beware of Experts

Lindzen certainly has valid credentials. The question is, given that the great majority of climate scientists continue to disagree with him, do we continue to use the planet as a test tube?

There are always a few contrarians late into any paradigm shift, which is fine and even desirable when the issue is something that has no immediate practical consequence, e.g., whether birds are late model dinosaurs or Europeans are descended from neanderthals. But in this case, the potential consequences of continued inaction are so serious, the observed warming so rapid, the consequences of current emissions so long-lasting, and the cost of a rapid change in infrastructure so disproportionately great, that inaction seems to me a dangerous course. Whereas my understanding of the engineering is that we could reduce emissions at little net cost, and with little effect on our way of life, if Congress weren't paralyzed by special interest money.

I have to wonder why even those who doubt AGW want to continue sending money to countries that use it to develop nuclear weapons or support terrorism.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.